Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Job

Around the same time that I was applying for the BOS Certificate Program, I was hired by CU Football to be a Student Assistant.  I could not do much work for them during June and July, because of the BOS Certificate Program, but I am now fully immersed in it, and I love it! I am our Defensive Coordinator's assistant, but I pretty much do work for anyone on the defense.

Yesterday I jumped right into my first day with a defensive staff meeting.  It was great to see how the team's staff and how they work together before camp.  I spent most of it putting together ~75 defensive binders with plays and formations for the defensive players and coaches.  While it was boring work, it was still fun being around the players and coaches.  My favorite player on the team so far = Anthony Perkins.  Really nice guy and knows what he's doing.  Hope he has a great year.

Today, I sat in on another meeting, and watched tons of game film.  We watched the Oregon - Cal game, which is a great game to watch.  The Cal D gave it their all and just came up short.  We also watched some USC - UA film.  Our DC was at UA last year so we were watching his schemes against USC.  I, along with a fellow Student Assistant, also got briefed on how to identify offensive formations.  We're tasked with looking at our practice tape, and future opponents' game tapes and say what formation was used when and whatnot.  I'm really excited for that and look forward to being able to spit out formations whenever I watch a play. 

Camp starts on Thursday.  More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment